Who we are
Everest Metal Industries LLC, Dubai, (henceforth referred to as “EMI” or “The Company”) was founded in 2003. EMI is now one of the Dubai’s most experienced and well networked Cable Management solutions Manufacturer. Our state of art manufacturing facility is located in the Dubai Investment Park 2, over an area of 80,000 Sq. Ft. consisting of machines like CNC, Roll Forming, Robotic Welding etc. and 80+ team of suitably qualified well-trained personal to meet the ever-increasing demands of a modern building industry.
EMIis hereby stating when and how personal information is collected, used, disclosed and protected. By using our website, portal application or any online resource of the Company, you agree and consent to the fact that EMI may collect, use and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with these terms, you may withhold such information from us, and discontinue usage of the web/ online services there on.
What personal data we collect and why?
We collect personal information when you subscribe our news and information, or register with us at EMI portal. This information includes your name, designation, company name, email, mobile and other details i.e. the information that you provide us at the time of signup at our platform. Including any other information that you may enter during the use of the platform and/or registration for services, that may remain stored in our database and form part of your profile or otherwise. In particular, when visitors use the comments section on the platform, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
EMI collects and treats the sensitive information in terms of UAE Cyber Laws read with the rules thereunder, as below:
- Login Password: The registration may require you to create a password for accessing EMI services, which is confidential and sensitive information, collected and retained within EMI database. But the said sensitive information is just used by you as anEMI user for gaining access to the services and is not used or otherwise can be accessed by EMI or its affiliates / partners in any way.
- Financial Information: In case of payment made by a secured Payment Gateway at EMI, the information is processed at the Payment Gateway, who are PCI Compliant and do not retain the sensitive information for the period more than required. The said online payments are additionally subject to an independent agreement with the payment gateway provider.
Further, EMI also collects other basic information by your use of our services, known as log files, which may be the result of the analytics software or otherwise. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and a number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site/app, track user’s movement around the platform, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
How we use it?
EMI uses the personal information (other than sensitive information) for fulfilling your needs and requests for products and services, improving user experience, sending transactional emails or notifications you have opted for, for displaying relevant advertisements according to your location, products/services rendered, etc.
Who we share your data with
EMI do not rent, sell, or share personal information (other than sensitive information) about you with any third parties, except when we have specifically obtained your consent at the time of collection of the information online at EMI or otherwise offline, and / or to provide products or services you’ve requested, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information, other than sensitive information to trusted partners who work on our behalf or with us under confidentiality agreements for the purpose of creating / modifying / maintaining the platform. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share / use this information for any other purpose, except for that specifically authorized by us. The Credit Card or otherwise Financial Information is collected by the Payment Gateway for processing of payment and deleted soon thereafter, as declared above. Otherwise, no outside agency has been authorized for the use of any sensitive information till now but as and when any such authorization is made in the near future, the details would be posted here as to the same.
- EMI’s administrator may be required to login to the admin panel for troubleshooting, as a result can get access to the personal data, but which purely can only be for administration and troubleshooting purposes.
- EMI believes it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of User Agreement, or as otherwise required by law;
- EMI responds to court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims including intellectual property rights;
EMI never uses or shares personal information provided to us online in ways or for reasons unrelated to the ones described above.
The User shall be deemed to have consented to disclosure of Personal Information (other than sensitive information) by EMI to its affiliates and business partners by providing such Personal information to EMI in the course of EMI’s performance of the Services.
EMI reserves the right to send you a newsletter, if you are subscribed to our daily news and updates or otherwise send you certain communications relating to our services or sponsored advertisements, administrative messages and updates that are considered part of your registered account, with an option for you to stop receiving them. We shall also send you emails which shall contain information about our existing or new services or features.
How we protect your data
EMI is committed to protect personal information, especially sensitive information about users that is maintained on EMI systems, and is protected using industry standard security measures. We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information. You should be aware that EMI has no control over the security of other sites on the Internet you might visit, interact with, or from which you buy products or services which may be linked from here. You should keep your user name, password or other access information safe and confidential to protect against unauthorized access to your account information and services.
What are your rights over your data?
EMI implements privacy by design and default principles, ensures limited data retention protocols, adheres to incident response norms, allows for appropriate third party audits, ensures data is only transferred internationally with a lawful basis, only contracts with sub processors with adequate written commitments to data processing, respects data subject rights, does not process sensitive personal data, and provides data processing agreements to all appropriate clients and partners.
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. You can request that EMI may delete your Personal Information from the system and records. Additionally, you may delete / remove your account anytime at your own free will. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. That is, due to technical constraints and the fact that we backup our systems at regular intervals. Personal Information may continue to reside in our systems after deletion for some limited time.
How long is your data retained?
EMI holding sensitive/ personal data or information of providers of information, shall not retain such information for longer than required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under the User Agreement or any other law for the time being in force or unless ordered to the contrary by any order of court of law. The information collected shall be used for the purpose for which it has been collected. The logs and user data would be retained as a backup in our server from the date of its creation. And otherwise also, we may retain such information in our systems but for a limited period, which may help not only in complying with the laws of the land but also to make sure that we maintain enough backup of user accounts, which may either be required to be restored to the server in unforeseen circumstances or to make available the information to the enforcement agencies, in case of any specific requests received in accordance with the law of the land.
For users that register on our platform (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username and/or email). Administrators can also see and edit that information.
EMI’S servers are located in UAE. All user data collected are saved securely across the network of servers on the cloud.